A Facebook post warning pet owners of the danger of giving their dogs rawhide is circulating North Wales Facebook groups.

The post claims that the popular and cheap dog treat is a severe danger to your pooch.

Rawhide is a choking hazard which, when swallowed, can causes blockages and ruptures, according to the post.

A North Wales vet warned larger dogs or dogs with shorter faces are at the greatest risk.

Rawhide pet treats are most commonly made from the inner layer of cow or horse hides. They have beef, chicken, or liver flavourings, and are stiff with a leathery texture.

Source